Let me tell you something about Tacna, our last department in our Peruvian coast:
- Tacna, is a city in southern Peru and the regional capital of the Tacna Region. It is located on the border with Chile.
- Present-day Tacna Region was occupied by forces from neighboring Chile as a result of the War of the Pacific. Tacna was reincorporated into Peruvian sovereignty in 1929 and today it is known for being one of the most patriotic areas in the country.
- Tacna was initially called San Pedro de Tacna. It has gained a reputation for patriotism, with many monuments and streets named after heroes of Peru's struggle for independence (1821-1824) and the War of the Pacific (1879-1883).
- Residents of Tacna are known in Spanish as "tacneños".
- Many monuments are located in this city, including "The Arch of the Alto de la Alianza", which shows the significance of this town.
You can see more about Tacna by watching this video. Enjoy!!